To be honest, I’d be happy eating “boring” oatmeal forever. A simple peanut butter and banana oatmeal makes me absolutely giddy. However, because I own an oatmeal blog where people come to see new and creative ideas, I have to get fancy sometimes. For those of you who like getting fancy, this one’s for you.
I put mine over Spiced Banana Baked Oatmeal (spiced with cinnamon and nutmeg), an easy variation on Banana Baked Oatmeal. The combination was fabulous. However, it would also work beautifully on stove-top oatmeal like Banana, Nutty Nana Berry, Chocolate Strawberry, Overnight Coconut, etc.
P.S. Let me know if you’d like to see more sauces/toppings. I have ideas, but I won’t bother posting them if nobody cares. 🙂
What you'll need:
- 1/2 cup finely diced berries
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- scant 1/8 tsp ground ginger
- pinch of salt
How to make it:
- Add all ingredients to a small saucepan and cook over medium low. Stir consistently and keep an eye on it. If it's burning or getting stuck to the pan, turn down the heat. It should be simmering, NOT boiling.
- Allow it to cook and reduce for approximately ten minutes.
- Remove from eat and allow to sit for a couple minutes. It should thicken up a little more.