I am speechless.
As much as I love my Fudgy Peanut Butter and Banana Oatmeal, I am always trying to come up with variations. “What if I could make this even better?” I always ask myself.
AND I DID.
You could swap in any nut butter, but almond butter is stunning in this recipe. It works so beautifully with the mocha flavor. You absolutely MUST try this this ASAP!
What you'll need:
- 1 cup milk of choice, or water
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (I use Country Choice Organic)
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- heaping 1 tbsp. cocoa powder
- heaping 1/2 tsp instant coffee granules
- pinch of salt
- 1-2 tbsp almond butter
How to make it:
- Bring milk (I use an equal mixture of almond milk and water) to a boil, add rolled oats, and reduce heat to medium.
- Mash up a ripe banana and add to the oatmeal. Stir.
- Once more of the liquid has absorbed, add cocoa powder, coffee granules, vanilla extract, and salt. Stir.
- When you’re pleased with the consistency of the oatmeal, transfer to a bowl. Top with almond butter and serve with another splash of your milk of choice, along with any other additional toppings (chocolate chips, shredded coconut, nuts, etc.).