If I wanted to, I could create ten billion recipes of just baked oatmeal based on bananas. So many possibilities!
I liked that idea at first: more posts, right? However, I didn’t want to look like a cheater. Is it fair to share a recipe for baked banana oatmeal, and two days later, post a recipe for baked chai-spiced banana oatmeal?? Nope. So to be fair, I’m going to consolidate it all into one fantastic post packed with fun ideas!
Please, please, please post any other variation ideas in the comments section! 🙂
Also, the oatmeal in these pictures looks different because I used steel-cut oats…just in case you were wondering!
What you'll need:
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/3 cup milk of choice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (I use Country Choice Organic)
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
How to make it:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a single-serving ramekin with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mash banana (alternatively, you could mash some and slice the rest. I prefer no slices, though). Add milk and vanilla extract, and mix.
- Add in oats, baking powder, and salt; mix until combined.
- If you'd like to add any extra ingredients (coconut oil, dried fruit, nuts, sunflower seeds), do so now.
- Pour into the prepared ramekin and bake for 18-22 minutes.
Banana & Pumpkin: Stir in pumpkin butter (or pumpkin puree, some sweetener, and pumpkin pie spices).
Banana & Chocolate Chip: Fold in chocolate chips before baking.
Fudgy Chocolate Banana: Stir in a tablespoon of cocoa powder (I use Hershey’s Special Dark cocoa powder) before adding the oats. [Pictured below using a mini muffin tin.]
Banana Bread: Add 1/4 tsp cinnamon and 1/8 tsp Blackstrap molasses. Optional: handful of chopped walnuts.