Two baked recipes in one week!
This one is a little more decadent than Tuesday’s Lemon Lover’s recipe. As much as I love the occasional oatmeal with chocolate chips, I definitely have to be careful with how often I do it. I have quite a sensitive stomach, which is what led me to veganism in the first place, so eating chocolate chips in the morning can be a risk for me. Luckily, I had no issues, and even if I had, this oatmeal was so delicious that it wouldn’t have mattered.
I know a few of my readers refuse to eat chocolate for breakfast, but I could see this working really well for snacks or desserts as well. I mean, it’s basically like chocolate-covered strawberries, n’est-ce pas?
Another option for this oatmeal would be pureeing the strawberries and milk together. It would basically follow the recipe for Strawberry Baked Oatmeal, with added chocolate chips before putting it in the oven.
Another possible variation would be using dark chocolate chips or chunks from a chocolate bar (of your preferred darkness. Mine’s 80-90 percent). That reminds me…did you see that Trader Joe’s has “chocolate chunks” now and not just chocolate chips?!
What you'll need:
- 1/3 cup milk of choice, or water
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (I use Country Choice Organic)
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- about 4-5 diced strawberries
- handful of semi-sweet chocolate chips
How to make it:
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and spray a single-serving ramekin with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, stir milk and vanilla extract.
- In another bowl, combine dry ingredients: oats, baking powder, and salt. Once mixed, add to wet ingredients and stir until combined. If it looks too dry, add more milk one tablespoon at a time.
- Stir in diced strawberries and chocolate chips.
- Transfer to the ramekin and bake for 20-25 minutes.