Simple recipes thrill me. Don’t get me wrong: Neopolitan Baked Oatmeal is a beast, but sometimes I enjoy a return to simplicity. Strawberry Baked Oatmeal definitely fits that definition.
I stand by the proclamation that baked oatmeal is best with bananas, but this recipe is unadulterated strawberry heaven. If you want a marriage of the two, you could always try my Strawberry Banana Baked Oatmeal.
What you'll need:
- 6-8 fresh strawberries (or more!)
- 1/4 cup milk of choice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (I use Country Choice Organic)
- pinch of salt
How to make it:
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and spray a single-serving ramekin with non-stick spray.
- In a small blender, puree hulled strawberries with milk of choice. Add vanilla extract, baking powder, and salt and blend again.
- Stir in oats. If desired, add diced strawberry for an extra shot of strawberry!
- Transfer to the ramekin and bake for 20-25 minutes.
Try this recipe topped with this Choco-Strawberry Sauce!