It’s been quite a long time since I’ve shared a recipe for baked oatmeal. I devoted most of July to stove-top recipes and had little ambition for heating up the oven.
I made an exception for this recipe. I came in possession of a zucchini from the farmers’ market in my hometown before I left for New York, and I knew I had to attempt this recipe. I don’t buy zucchinis often, so it was now or never.
I wanted to make a wide departure from the other zucchini recipes I’ve used, so instead of something zucchini-bread related, I went the dessert route and turned it into a pseudo-brownie. You’re welcome!
To be totally transparent, I’d rather have plain Zucchini Bread Baked Oatmeal, but I still enjoyed this very much!
What you'll need:
- 1/2 c shredded zucchini
- 1/3 c milk
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 c oats
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 rounded tbsp cocoa powder
- Pinch salt
How to make it:
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and spray a single-serving ramekin with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, mix zucchini, milk, maple syrup, and vanilla extract.
- Add in dry ingredients: oats, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt. Stir until combined. If you want, add a handful of chocolate chips!
- Transfer to the ramekin and bake for 20-25 minutes.