After my other experience with zucchini bread oatmeal, I decided to try something a little more authentic. In fact, you may notice, I went back and changed the name of the other recipe to “Zucchini-Nut Bread Oatmeal.” It just seemed right.
But this one tastes like zucchini bread, especially because it’s baked.
The best part is that it smells like French toast sticks as it’s in the oven. Oh goodness! 🙂
What you'll need:
- 1/3 of a medium-sized zucchini
- 1/3 cup milk of choice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (I use Country Choice Organic)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
How to make it:
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and spray a single-serving ramekin with non-stick spray.
- Grate zucchini finely (I used a cheese grater) into a medium-sized bowl. Add wet ingredients: almond milk, vanilla extract, and maple syrup. Mix together to combine.
- In another small bowl, mix together dry ingredients: oats, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt. Once combined, add to the other bowl of wet ingredients.
- Stir. If you'd like to add any extra ingredients (coconut oil, dried fruit, nuts, sunflower seeds), do so now.
- Pour into the prepared ramekin and bake for 18-25 minutes.