And coming later (next week), I’ll provide you another (really delicious!!!) recipe to use these orange segments. 🙂
Tip: Segmenting Citrus
I haven’t done a how-to post in a while, and it occurred to me this morning that I could show you how I segment oranges. It’s something I’ve given instructions on, but never elaborated or shown pictures of, so VOILA, here it is! It’s so easy that I narrowed it down to five steps.
1. Cut the orange in half (through its waist, if you will).
2. Run a small paring knife along both edges of each segment.
3. Run the knife along the parts of the segments that attach to the white pith (the skin).
4. Dig out the segment with your knife or with a small spoon.
5. Place directly into saucepan for cooking or set in a bowl for later!