This recipe is SO happy to meet you. I wanted to make it LAST December, but I dropped the ball. I wanted to make it all year, but I knew everyone would appreciate it the most if I delivered it during the holidays.
Mint + chocolate is my favorite flavor combination. Most people would guess chocolate + peanut butter, but I’m a little pickier about that. It depends on the type of chocolate, the type of peanut butter, etc. However, mint + chocolate? Yes. Always. Every time.
What’s your favorite flavor combination with chocolate? Chocolate + caramel? Chocolate + hazelnut? Chocolate + mint? Chocolate + peanut butter? Chocolate + toffee? Chocolate + orange? Or something else?
What you'll need:
- 1/4 cup milk of choice
- 1 mashed banana*
- 1/4 tsp peppermint extract
- 4 tsp. cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup regular rolled oats (I use Country Choice Organic)
- 1/4 tsp. baking powder
- pinch of salt
How to make it:
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and spray a single-serving ramekin with non-stick spray.
- Mix together first four ingredients in a large bowl.
- Add in dry ingredients: oats, baking powder, and salt.
- Stir well, and then transfer to the ramekin. Bake for 20-25 minutes. Enjoy!
Just an FYI:
*You can replace the banana with 1/3 cup pumpkin or sweet potato puree + 2 tsp maple syrup.