Guys, I might have a new favorite oatmeal recipe. I mean, I love the Baked Peanut Butter Cookie, and the Nutty ‘Nana Berry, and the Neapolitan, but this one has peaches! PEACHES!! And almond butter!! Two things that are amazing on their own are now brought together in this beautiful bowl of happiness.
First, let’s talk about peaches. Juicy. Sweet. Tastes like summer. And then there’s almond butter: rich, but sweeter and milder than its peanut cousin. Because of its milder flavor, it lets the peaches be the star, while still lending that rich, buttery taste.
Oh yeah, and I also threw in flax seed because I’m currently going through a flax craze again. Expect to see lots of flax in upcoming posts. 🙂 And don’t bother telling me that they’re better for you after you grind them. I know, okay? But they also just taste really good and are crunchy and fun…
What you'll need:
- 1 cup milk of choice, or water
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (I use Country Choice Organic)
- 1 small yellow peach (or half a large one), diced or cubed
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp almond butter
How to make it:
- Bring milk (I use 1/2 c original almond milk and 1/2 c water) to a boil, add oats, and reduce heat to medium. (If you'd like to add flax or chia seeds, do so now. I used flax.)
- Add diced peaches immediately.
- Once more of the liquid has absorbed, add vanilla extract, cinnamon, and salt. Stir.
- When you're pleased with the consistency of the oatmeal, transfer to a bowl. Either stir/swirl in the almond butter, or just put a dollop on top. (I did the latter for the pictures, but as soon as the camera was down, I stirred it in evenly, and it was heavenly.) Add another splash of your milk of choice and any other additional toppings (shredded coconut, nuts, etc.).