There is neither peanut butter nor jelly in this muesli (although I definitely contemplated both). Instead, it contains a delicious mix of fresh grapes, crushed peanuts, and (bonus!) sliced bananas, flax, and raisins. It’s like PB&J, in a muesli-friendly form.
I used to think muesli was only for nuts and dried fruit, but ever since I made Fig & Banana Muesli, I’ve been so excited by all the possibilities with fresh fruits. I think when spring and summer rolls around, I’m going to be attacking the muesli recipes hardcore with all the in-season produce.
For now, this one has my name all over it.
What you'll need:
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (I use Country Choice Organic)
- 5-8 grapes, halved
- handful of crushed peanuts
- half a banana, sliced (optional)
- 1 tsp flax seed (optional)
- handful of raisins (optional)
How to make it:
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl. You can either leave them layered or mix them up, like I do.
- Serve with your favorite milk or on top of your favorite yogurt.