But I still felt like it was wrong to have an oatmeal blog without an Oatmeal-Raisin Cookie recipe, so here it is. Humble, but with the earthy comfort of cinnamon.
What you'll need:
- 1/2 cup milk of choice
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1/8 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup rolled oats (I use Country Choice Organic)
- 1/3 cup oat flour
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- handful of raisins
How to make it:
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and spray a single-serving ramekin with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl, stir together milk, vanilla extract, and maple syrup.
- Add in dry ingredients, except for the raisins: oats, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt. Stir until combined.
- Stir in raisins (and/or any other dried fruit, like cranberries, dates, or blueberries!)
- Transfer to the ramekin and bake for about 18 minutes.
Just an FYI:
*You can make this yourself by simply blending oats into a flour consistency. Measure after blending.