So, um . . . . watermelon is not the most photogenic fruit. Forgive me.
Okay, so the idea behind this recipe is that you can endlessly combine various berries and melons together. Here you see blueberry + watermelon, but how about raspberry + cantaloupe? Blackberry + honeydew? Strawberry + cool exotic melon from the farmer’s market (have you ever had a lemon drop melon?!).
P.S. The next post for the fitness series will be next Saturday!
What you'll need:
- 1/2 cup milk of choice, or water
- 1/4 cup plain, vanilla, or berry yogurt (I used SoDelicious plain)
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (I use Country Choice Organic)
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen berries (I used blueberry)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- splash of lemon juice
- 1 tsp chia seeds (optional)
- pinch of salt
- melon cubes for topping (I used watermelon)
How to make it:
- Combine all ingredients except melon in a mason jar.
- Cover with lid and shake, shake, shake until combined.
- Store in the refrigerator overnight (or for several hours). Serve cold, and top with melon cubes (and more berries, if you'd like).