This one, for example, is only two ingredients, and it goes beautifully with the French Toast Baked Oatmeal from earlier this week. It would also be delish on Zucchini Bread Baked Oatmeal or Banana / Banana Baked Oatmeal.
Try it out and let me know what you think!
- 1 tbsp creamy peanut butter
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- Add both ingredients to the smallest saucepan you have and heat over low-medium heat.
- Stir until both ingredients are combined. If a spatula isn’t working for you, try a whisk.
- When the sauce begins to bubble, stir continuously as it simmers for another minute or two. Then, remove from heat.
- Add to oatmeal (or pancakes!) immediately. It will thicken up quickly (of course, if you want to use this as a “frosting,” you could intentionally let it sit for a while!).