To fool myself into thinking it is, in fact, spring, I returned to my beloved lemon-flavored oats. Every spring, I just can’t get enough lemon in my oatmeal! This time, I combined it with white chocolate chips. The tang of the lemon and the sweet white chocolate are definitely a winning combination!
Another fun way to make this oatmeal would be with a blob of Peanut Butter & Co.’s White Chocolate Wonderful. It’s definitely not my favorite (tastes like Butterfingers or something), but I know a lot of people who love it, so…
How’s the weather in your neck of the woods? I hope for your sake that you’re having a better spring season than I am! 🙂
- 3/4 cup milk of choice, or water
- 1/4 cup quick cook steel-cut oats (I use Country Choice Organic)
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 tbsp lemon juice (the juice of one lemon) or 1 tsp lemon extract
- pinch of salt
- handful of white chocolate chips (I use the King David brand)
- Bring milk (I use 1/2 c almond milk and 1/4 c water) to a boil, add oats, and reduce heat to medium. (If you’d like to add a teaspoon of flax or chia seeds, do so now.)
- Mash banana thoroughly and stir into oatmeal.
- Once more of the liquid has absorbed, add lemon juice, lemon extract, and salt. Stir.
- When you’re pleased with the consistency of the oatmeal, transfer to a bowl. Add a splash of your milk of choice, white chocolate chips, and any other additional toppings (pomegranate seeds, shredded coconut, nuts, etc.).