As I’ve said before, toppings are a fun way to add just a dab of indulgence to an otherwise nutritious bowl of oatmeal. Dessert-like toppings are the perfect solution when you want to treat yourself but also don’t want to have a stomachache the rest of the day.
This is an ultra-fudgy PB2 with bits of white chocolate chips mixed in throughout. It goes well with a number of oatmeal recipes (virtually any of them) and can be personalized with any of your favorite “chips,” whether it’s white chocolate like I used or something crazy like mint or peanut butter. You can find chocolate chips in so many flavors now!
You could use just Chocolate PB2, but I made mine even fudgier with an addition of Hershey’s Special Dark cocoa powder. <3
- [people] the account @petitmignonchaton for a BEAUTIFUL ORANGE FLUFFY CAT
- [vids] the skit “Girl at a Bar” from last weekend’s SNL
What you'll need:
- 2 heaping tbsp plain PB2*
- 2 tbsp water (plus more as needed)
- 1 and 1/2 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder*
- 1/8 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp maple syrup*
- 1-2 tsp chopped white chocolate chips (you can find vegan versions on Amazon)
How to make it:
- In a small bowl, add water a little at a time to the PB2. Don't add the water all at once; that way you'll
- Stir in cocoa powder and vanilla extract. If the mixture gets too thick, add a few drops more water (less than a teaspoon!!).
- Add maple syrup. Taste. Add more if desired, but remember that you'll be adding sweet chocolate chips!
- Stir in the chopped white chocolate chips.
- Add to the top of your oatmeal of choice and enjoy!
Just an FYI:
* If you have chocolate PB2, you can use that instead and omit the cocoa powder. Since you're not adding the bitter cocoa powder, you can also omit or reduce the maple syrup.