Does this oatmeal look familiar to you?
It should! It’s actually Monday’s Cardamom Butternut Squash Oatmeal. In the post, I mentioned that this porridge goes beautifully with cinnamon raisin peanut butter. While using PB&Co is the obvious choice, you can also make your own with PB2! This came in handy last week when I wanted to top this oatmeal with cinnamon raisin peanut butter, but I had just finished my jar of it. Then I remembered I could recreate it with PB2.
I was pleasantly surprised at how well I was able to replicate the flavors of PB&Co’s cinnamon raisin spread-of-the-gods. One intentional difference is the raisins are chopped into smaller pieces in my version, as I’ve never liked the whole raisins in the original. It makes it harder to spread, you know?
- [reads] my latest article about the harsh reality of being a perfectionist
- [eats] I’ve been nomming on this Teriyaki Tofu Power Bowl with Happy Herbivore’s Thai Peanut Sauce instead of the teriyaki sauce <3
What you'll need:
- 2 tbsp plain PB2*
- 2 tbsp water*
- 1 tsp chopped raisins
- 1/8 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon (seems like a lot but TRUST ME)
- optional: 1/4 tsp coconut oil (adds incredible flavor)
How to make it:
- In a small bowl, add water a little at a time to the PB2. Don't add the water all at once; that way you'll be able to choose the consistency you want. I find stirring with a FORK the most effective method.
- If adding optional coconut oil, stir in now.
- Stir vanilla extract, raisins, and cinnamon into PB2.
- Add to the top of your oatmeal of choice and enjoy!
Just an FYI:
*I sometimes use 3 tbsp of PB2 because 2 tbsp doesn't feel like a lot. If you do this, increase the water to 3 tbsp as well.