Zucchini is great. You can do so much with it!
You know what I love? The combination of coconut and masala chai spices.
Oatmeal like this makes 5 am alarms and an 11-hour day slightly less painful. Slightly…
Chai Coconut Zucchini Oatmeal
What you'll need:
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 cup water (or more coconut milk)
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats (I use Country Choice Organic)
- 1/2 a medium zucchini (peeling is optional)
- 1-2 tsp maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp cardamom
- 1/8 tsp ginger
- pinch of cloves
- pinch of salt
- shredded coconut for topping (I toasted mine)
How to make it:
- Bring milk and water to a boil, add oats, and reduce heat to medium. (If you’d like to add a teaspoon of flax or chia seeds, do so now.)
- Grate zucchini into the oatmeal. Stir occasionally.
- Once more of the liquid has absorbed, add maple syrup, vanilla extract, spices, and salt. Stir. Add sweetener if you think it's necessary.
- When you’re pleased with the consistency of the oatmeal, transfer to a bowl. Add a splash of your milk of choice, shredded coconut, and any other additional toppings (nuts, fruit, etc.).