At the request of a reader (I searched the comments but could not find who said it–sorry!!), I am holding a guest post contest for savory oatmeal recipes! While I enjoy savory oatmeal and have a long list of ideas for them, I rarely have the motivation to actually make them, so I’m pawning off my duties to YOU! (I’m not too proud to admit my laziness. ^_^ )
What are the rules for the contest recipes?
- It must be a savory recipe and use oats–not other grains.
- The recipe does not have to be vegan, but preference will be given to vegan or vegan-friendly recipes.
- It must be inherently savory (e.g. herbed pumpkin & leek oatmeal), NOT a sweet-salty blend (e.g. salted plum oatmeal).
- The recipe can be a single serving or a big batch. It can be steel-cut or quick. It can be baked or stovetop. Please no pancake, muffin, or baked goods recipes.
- I recommend looking through my savory recipes to avoid pitching an idea for something I’ve already done.
How does the contest work?
- By midnight on Sunday, Oct. 11th: Pitch your idea to me by emailing it to me using the contact form below. Do not write out an actual recipe–just a general description of the recipe you have in mind.
- By midnight on Tuesday, Oct. 13th: I will email back the top 3 respondents and ask them to make the recipe, write a post for it, and photograph the recipe. Each of the three top choices will be featured individually on the blog as guest posts throughout the remainder of October and November.
- Please enter ONLY ONE recipe. If I receive multiple entries from you, I will only accept the first one you sent.
- There are no limitations regarding who can enter. I will accept entries from anyone, whether they have been featured on the blog before or not.
Good luck to everyone who enters! I can’t wait to see your ideas.