Can I get a high five for two overnight recipes two Thursdays in a row?
I found while making this recipe that the color of raspberries is far more potent than the color of blueberries. On my first attempt, I was stunned to see the vibrant red color of my blueberry-raspberry mixture. However, after sitting in the fridge overnight, the oatmeal mellowed out into a calm blue (like in the pictures).
This recipe is super with a dollop of lemon curd. 🙂
What you'll need:
- 1/2 cup milk of choice
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup fresh raspberries
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice (optional)
- 1/4 cup quick cook steel-cut oats (I use Country Choice Organic)
- 1 tsp chia seeds (optional)
- pinch of salt
How to make it:
- Combine milk (I used almond milk), blueberries, raspberries, and lemon juice in a blender or food processor. Blend until smooth. (It might look red at first, but mine turned blue overnight.)
- Combine berry mixture and remaining ingredients in a mason jar.
- Cover with lid and shake, shake, shake until combined.
- Store in the refrigerator overnight (or for several hours). Eat cold or warm up in the microwave!