My two weeks of professional development training are over! Next time I return to the school, it will be with actual students. Hurray!
This also means summer is coming to an end, and I’m on a frantic mission to enjoy all the summer fruits while they’re still around. With a bowl of oatmeal, naturally. 🙂
What you'll need:
- 1 cup milk of choice, or water
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (I use Country Choice Organic)
- 1/4 cup (or more) fresh or frozen blueberry (or any berry)
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 1 kiwi, peeled
How to make it:
- Bring milk (I use an equal mixture of almond milk and water) to a boil, add oats, and reduce heat to medium. (If you'd like to add flax or chia seeds, do so now.)
- If using frozen berries, add now. If using fresh, wait. Give the oats a minute to cook on their own.
- Once more of the liquid has absorbed, add vanilla extract, a tiny pinch of salt, and cinnamon. Stir.
- Peel kiwi and dice into the saucepan.
- If you'd like to add any extra ingredients (coconut oil, dried fruit, nuts, sunflower seeds), do so now.
- When you're pleased with the consistency of the oatmeal, add berries (if using fresh) and gently fold them into the oats. Transfer to a bowl. Serve with another splash of your milk of choice and any other additional toppings (shredded coconut, nuts, more berries/kiwi, etc.).