All of my favorite recipes just made a baby.
It’s Brownie Batter + Fudgy Banana & PB + Nutty ‘Nana Berry. It’s the best threesome ever, and their baby is a GODDESS. YOU MUST MAKE THIS NOW. Cocoa powder + banana is my favorite oatmeal base. Strawberries are my favorite fruit topping. Peanut butter is MY LIFE. And this is CHOCOLATE peanut butter, so it’s obviously the best thing that’s ever happened to me.
This was perfection, but if you’re looking for variations, you could raspberries instead of strawberries. Even cherries would work! You could also use chocolate almond butter or Nutella. Using regular peanut butter would also be delicious, but it would no longer qualify as “blackout” oatmeal.
Are you seeing that perfection? I’m dying.
What you'll need:
- 3/4 cup milk of choice, or water
- 1/4 cup quick cooking steel-cut oats (I use Country Choice Organic)
- 1 banana
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1-2 tbsp chocolate nut butter, PB2, or Faux-reo PB2
- handful of strawberries
How to make it:
- Bring milk (I use 1/2 c almond milk and 1/4 c water) to a boil, add oats, and reduce heat to medium. (If you'd like to add a teaspoon of flax or chia seeds, do so now.)
- Mash banana thoroughly and add to the oatmeal.
- Once more of the liquid has absorbed, add vanilla extract, cocoa powder, and salt. Stir.
- When you're pleased with the consistency of the oatmeal, transfer to a bowl. Top with sliced or quartered strawberries, nut butter, and a splash of your milk of choice. Other possible toppings are peanuts, sliced or slivered almonds, chocolate chips, or shredded coconut.