Readers, this one is for you. (I mean, I suppose all my recipes are for you…but this one is really, really for you.)
You guys are always ragging on me to post more overnight recipes. To be honest, I make overnight oatmeal pretty frequently, but only when I’m too lazy on the weekend to prepare enough oatmeal ahead of time for the week. In other words, when I’m making overnight oatmeal, it’s at 10 pm, and when I’m eating it, it’s 5 am. If you think I’m going to take pictures during these hours, you’re crazy. 🙂
Because I love you, I made this recipe anyway—you’re welcome. But it’s SO GOOD YOU GUYS. I never think of banana as a tropical fruit, even though they totally are. For this recipe, I pureed banana with mango, creating a super smooth and creamy tropical bliss. It’s almost like a smoothie! Slurp that ish.
Just kidding. It’s too thick. You’ll definitely need a spoon. 😉
What you'll need:
- 1/2 cup milk of choice, or water
- 1/2 ripe banana
- 1 cup mango
- 1/4 cup quick cook steel-cut oats (I use Country Choice Organic)
- 1-2 tsp chia seeds (optional)
- pinch of salt
How to make it:
- Puree liquid of choice, banana, and mango until smooth.
- Combine all ingredients in a mason jar (or any container with a lid).
- Cover with lid and shake, shake, shake until combined.
- Store in the refrigerator overnight (or for several hours). You can warm it up in the morning, but this recipe is amazing chilled!