I achieved the impossible: I snapped an attractive photo of overnight oatmeal! What is it about overnight oats that make them so UN-photogenic? I think that’s one of the reasons why I don’t like posting overnight recipes. I always feel like I’m setting myself up for failure. I loathe putting up a post with sub-par photos (yet I do it all the time).
Confession time: this was the first fresh apricot I’ve ever eaten. Ha! I’ve had many a dried apricot, but never fresh. I bought one last year to make an oatmeal recipe with, but I waited a day too long and it turned rotten before I could cut into it. Dang…I hate wasting food!
I know many of you have requested for bigger helpings of overnight oatmeal, so I think you’ll appreciate this one. It’s massive! Having an entire fruit diced into it adds so much bulk.
I have no idea what else to do with apricots. They are so foreign to me! Any suggestions?
What you'll need:
- 1/2 cup milk of choice, or water
- 1/4 cup plain, berry, or vanilla yogurt (I used plain Almond Dream)
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (I use Country Choice Organic)
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract (can omit if using flavored yogurt)
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of allspice (optional)
- small handful of dried, fresh, or frozen cherries
- 1 apricot, diced
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- pinch of salt
How to make it:
- Combine all ingredients in a mason jar.
- Cover with lid and shake, shake, shake until combined.
- Store in the refrigerator overnight (or for several hours). Eat cold or warm up in the microwave!