This recipe is so obvious that it’s almost embarrassing that I haven’t posted it yet. I have so many tropical-themed recipes, but why not combine them all into one fabulous breakfast?
Mango, pineapple, and coconut were obvious choices, but my decision to include banana was a last-minute addition. I don’t know about you, but I always forget bananas are a tropical fruit.
Also, toasted coconut is everything to me right now. I used to save it for special occasions because I thought it was too time-consuming, but that was absurd. First of all, it takes no more than four minutes to toast a handful of coconut. (This means the only downfall is having to wash another pan. Worth it.)
What you'll need:
- 1 cup milk of choice, or water (I recommend coconut milk)
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (I use Country Choice Organic)
- 1/2 cup diced pineapple
- 1/2 cup diced mango
- pinch of salt
- coconut for topping
- sliced banana for topping (optional)
How to make it:
- Bring milk (I use 1/2 c coconut milk and 1/2 c water) to a boil, add oats, and reduce heat to medium. (If you'd like to add a teaspoon of flax or chia seeds, do so now.)
- Add pineapple and mango immediately. Add a pinch of salt. Stir.
- When you're pleased with the consistency of the oatmeal, transfer to a bowl. Add a splash of your milk of choice, coconut (I used toasted coconut flakes), sliced banana, and any other additional toppings (kiwi, papaya, passionfruit, nuts, etc.).