To be honest, last week’s Raspberry Cheesecake Brownie Baked Oatmeal took a few tries to get right. In fact, the pictures that I used in the post were from a batch that tasted great but baked poorly. You can kind of tell from looking at it that it’s wet on the inside. Since I had to remake it a few times before I got it right, that gave me an excuse to try out some toppings as well, such as this Cheesecake PB2.
This recipe tastes like peanut butter (or, at least, PB2), with a creamy tang. It’s not quite like biting into a slice of cheesecake because the PB2 flavor is still pretty pronounced, but the two flavors together (with the richness of the cream cheese) is really quite pleasant. After all, peanut butter is a hugely popular ingredient in variations of cheesecake! They are a great match.
^^ look at that beautiful mess. I got to lick that cutting board after the photoshoot. Jealous?
This topping goes great with brownies. Especially cheesecake brownies. And especially raspberry cheesecake brownies. ?
But actually, it’s pretty versatile. It’s basically a creamy and slightly tangy peanut butter, so you could use it on just about anything that you would regularly put peanut butter on. You could also make the PB2 even fancier by adding a chopped strawberry or raspberry, or chopped chocolate, or anything else that is commonly used in/on cheesecakes!
- [reads] this article from Slate is an interesting addition to the never-ending bathroom debate in America
- [reads] this article from HuffPo is a clear example of what intersectional feminism means and why it’s necessary
What you'll need:
- 2 tbsp plain PB2
- 4-5 tsp water (plus more as needed)
- 2 tsp vegan cream cheese
- 1/4 tsp lemon juice or apple cider vinegar*
- 1/2 tsp maple syrup (plus more as needed)
How to make it:
- In a small bowl, add water a little at a time to the PB2. You want it to be a little thin.
- Stir in cream cheese and lemon juice. If the mixture gets too thick, add a few drops more water (less than a teaspoon!!).
- Add maple syrup. Taste. Adjust sweetener as desired.
- Add to the top of your oatmeal of choice and enjoy!
Just an FYI:
Add finely chopped strawberries or raspberries for a berry variation. *I used lemon juice to bring out the flavor of the cream cheese since vegan versions tend to be more mellow. If you use a dairy version, you may be able to skip that.