Did you like last month’s Tahini Baked Oatmeal with Raspberries and White Chocolate? Because here it is in its stove-top form. You’re welcome.
Or perhaps you didn’t try it because you think baked oatmeal is kind of a pain (I agree). In that case, here it is in its stove-top form. You’re welcome.
Or perhaps you didn’t realize I had posted the baked recipe at all. You should check it out, but you should also try it in its stove-top form. You’re welcome. 😂
I have now been a full-time employed writer for a month. I never have to bring work home with me. I have time to read, time to study Spanish, time to socialize, and time to post unnecessary Insta stories. (Follow me!)
I also don’t have excuses (besides my effort to socialize more) to not make oatmeal. Thus, if I don’t have oatmeal next week, feel free to harass me. 😉
- [tunes] “Me Llamas” by Piso 21 (Remix) 💕
What you'll need:
- 3/4 cup milk of choice, or water*
- 1/4 cup quick cook steel cut oats*
- 1/2 a ripe banana, OR 1/3 cup grated zucchini + 2 tsp maple syrup
- 1-2 tbsp tahini
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup fresh raspberries, halved if desired
- 1 tbsp white chocolate chips (I use the vegan/kosher King David brand)
How to make it:
- Bring milk (I used 1/2 c cashew milk and 1/4 c water) to a boil, add oats, and reduce heat to a simmer. (If you'd like to add flax or chia seeds, do so now.)
- Mash banana and add to the oatmeal (or, alternatively, zucchini and maple syrup). Stir occasionally and cook for about three minutes.
- Once more of the liquid has absorbed, add tahini, vanilla, and salt. Stir.
- When you're pleased with the consistency of the oatmeal, carefully fold in half of the raspberries.
- Transfer to a bowl. Add a splash of your milk of choice, the remaining raspberries, white chocolate chips, and any other additional toppings (extra tahini, dried fruit, coconut, jam, nuts, etc.).
Just an FYI:
*You can make this with rolled or quick oats by increasing the liquid to 1 cup and the oats to 1/2 cup.