Strawberry pretzel bars are a bake sale, potluck, and picnic favorite. They are a lovely blend of sweet and salty. They begin with a bottom “crust” of crushed pretzels. Above that is a thick layer of cream cheese. Finally, the top layer is jello-fied strawberries.
Not so vegan, and not so healthy.
Thus, I worked a little kitchen magic, and I am now ready to present to you Strawberry Pretzel Overnight Oatmeal. The “cream cheese” layer is replaced by Yogurt Overnight Oatmeal, and I used fresh strawberries instead of the jello abomination. However, you could also use strawberry chia seed jam instead of fresh strawberries. That was way too much work for me, though. 😉
This is crazy delicious! Don’t be afraid to eat a few pretzels for breakfast. 🙂 What’s the worst that could happen?
What you'll need:
- 1/2 cup milk of choice, or water
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (I use Country Choice Organic)
- 1/4 cup plain or vanilla yogurt of choice (I use So Delicious Coconut, Plain Unsweetened)
- scant 1/8 tsp apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 tsp chia seeds (optional)
- pinch of salt
- ~10 mini pretzel twists or sticks
- 5-8 fresh strawberries, hulled and quartered (see variation above)
How to make it:
- Combine all ingredients for the oatmeal in a mason jar.
- Cover with lid and shake, shake, shake until combined.
- Store in the refrigerator overnight (or for several hours).
- In the morning, crush pretzels and press them down on the bottom of a mason jar or bowl.
- Top with overnight oatmeal, and finish with the fresh strawberries.
- Eat cold! 🙂