I hope the surge of overnight oat recipes is appreciated. I’ve been shaking them up quite frequently this month! I believe they are perfect for this time of year; many mornings in New Jersey are hot and muggy, and steaming oatmeal doesn’t always appeal to me then. In those times, I really crave a refreshing, cool, creamy oatmeal.
You can really tinker with this recipe. Add chocolate chips, use dried strawberries, slice in a banana, etc. It’s an incredibly basic recipe that you could adapt to your liking. You could even swap in real cream, if your lifestyle allows it. I’ll stick to my almond milk. 🙂
This recipe will be my one and only post until next weekend. I’m chaperoning a long field trip and will be “out of office” for the week! Have a great long weekend and a beautiful week. If you’re on the east coast, enjoy the weather! It’s gonna get HOT!
What you'll need:
- 1/3 cup milk of choice
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (I use Country Choice Organic)
- 1/4 cup yogurt, plain or vanilla (I used So Delicious coconut)
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract (optional, if using plain for above ingredients)
- pinch of salt
- 5 or so fresh strawberries, diced
How to make it:
- Combine all ingredients except strawberries in a mason jar.
- Cover with lid and shake, shake, shake until combined.
- Store in the refrigerator overnight (or for several hours). Top with or stir in strawberries. Eat cold or warm up in the microwave!