My pear obsession has officially moved on to a plum obsession. Plums are great. They’re smaller than pears and apples, which makes them perfect for snacking. I despise when I eat an apple for a mid-morning snack and it stuffs me so much that I can’t enjoy my lunch! Switching to the humble plum has cured this dilemma.
In oatmeal, plums taste quite similar to apples. However, plums don’t brown like apples do, so they are much better suited for overnight recipes! To continue the resemblance to apples, I used classic apple pie spices to complement the plums. As you can see from the picture, I topped the final product with granola!
What you'll need:
- 1 plum
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (I use Country Choice Organic)
- 1/2 cup milk of choice
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of ginger
- pinch of nutmeg
- 1/4 cup nondairy yogurt (optional)
- pinch of salt
How to make it:
- Dice plum into small pieces. The smaller you cut the pieces, the more evenly the flavor will be distributed! (You can also puree it.)
- Combine all ingredients in a mason jar.
- Cover with lid and shake, shake, shake until combined.
- Store in the refrigerator overnight (or for several hours). Eat cold or warm up in the microwave!