I’m also trying hard to get back into smoothies. Now that it’s too hot in New York for my hot chocolate (it suddenly jumped to 90 degrees last week), I have had to find an alternative snack. I keep going through my frozen banana supply too fast making nice cream, so now I’ve ventured into other fruits. And just like that, I’m back into making smoothies.
I may not love smoothies, but one way to make them more appealing to me is nut butter (duh). I would probably eat dog food if I could cover it in almond butter!
You could replace the banana in this recipe with more raspberries. That would give you a POW of raspberry flavor and save you from the ever-powerful banana taste, if that’s something you dislike. I like a little banana, so I thought this was a good ratio.
- [read] this article entitled “Why Procrastinators Procrastinate“
- [people] check out the gorgeous photos from @vanillacrunnch on Instagram
What you'll need:
- 1/2 a sliced frozen banana
- 1 cup raspberries, fresh or frozen
- 2/3 cup milk or water
- 1/4 cup oats (quick or rolled) (I used BetterOats organic quick oats)
- 1-2 tbsp almond butter
- pinch of salt
How to make it:
- Puree all ingredients together in a blender or food processor until creamy.
Just an FYI:
All ingredients for the smoothie can easily be adjusted to meet your preferences. As written, this recipe makes a somewhat thin smoothie; use less liquid for a thicker smoothie. Make it green: add 1/2 cup packed spinach, stems removed