I am all about the muesli lately. It all happened when I discovered that pomegranate seeds make the best friggin’ muesli ever. Why?! Because they can make the bulk of your muesli instead of nuts and dried fruit, which are wonderful and nutrient-dense, but they’re also crazy filling and dried fruit is a ton of sugar. So using pomegranates? Brilliant.
Pomegranates are crunchy like a nut or seed, but sweet like dried fruit. They have the added bonus of being absolutely beautiful to look at.
Good grief. I just want a necklace made of pomegranate. I think I’d wear it every day.
Pomegranates just need to stop costing so much. And mangoes. And avocados. (Sigh.)
What foods do you LOVE that you wish were cheaper? I think if mangoes and pomegranates were cheaper, I would constantly have them in my kitchen!
What you'll need:
- 1/2 cup rolled or quick oats (I use Country Choice Organic)
- 1/4 cup total nuts and dried fruit (I used coconut chips, sliced almonds, golden raisins, and dried cranberries)
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
How to make it:
- Combine oats with dried fruit and nuts in a cereal bowl.
- Add pomegranate seeds. I also added sliced banana.
- Eat with yogurt or milk of choice.