Like a pear and almond tart…
Absolutely delicious. If you’re a fan of anything almond flavored, I think you’ll like this one. The recipe calls for 1/4 tsp of almond extract, but if you LOVE almond, consider upping the amount to a 1/2 tsp. I went with the 1/4 tsp because it gives a nice balance between the almond and pear, and I didn’t want the pear flavor to disappear entirely. Find the amount that’s right for you!
What you'll need:
- 1 pear
- 1/3 cup milk of choice
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp almond extract (see notes above)
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (I use Country Choice Organic)
- pinch of ginger
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
How to make it:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and spray a single-serve ramekin with nonstick spray.
- Cut your pear in half. (You could peel it, but I am far too lazy for that kind of frivolity.) Set one half aside. With the other half, mash it up inside the bowl.
- Add milk, vanilla extract, and almond extract. Stir until mixed with the mashed pear.
- Add oats, ginger, baking powder, and salt. Stir.
- With the remaining pear half, dice it into cubes, chunks, or slices and add to the batter. Stir gently.
- Pour into the prepared ramekin and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until the oatmeal is golden and no longer wet on top. Serve with sliced almonds, if you have them (I didn't!!).