First there was Peach & Blueberry Oatmeal. Then Peach & Blueberry Oatcakes. Now, I present Peach & Blueberry Overnight Oatmeal. Three cheers for the best fruit combo known to mankind! (Or can you nominate a better one?)
I made my version diced, but I bet it would be marvelous with pureed peaches (if you’re okay with dirtying your blender).
For the record, I’m currently settled in Brooklyn, but I’ve been posting recipes that I worked on while I was back at my parents’ house in July. I don’t even have a working stove right now, or even a microwave, but I hope to be creating new recipes soon (although this recipe and the others before it have appeared “new” to you, so I guess I have nothing to apologize for)!
If you love refrigerator oats, and you adore the peach-blueberry combo (how could you not?), this is a must-try for you!
What you'll need:
- 1 yellow peach
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (I use Country Choice Organic)
- 1/2 cup milk of choice, or water
- 1/4 cup yogurt of choice (optional)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- handful of fresh blueberries
How to make it:
- You have two options. Option A: Dice the peach (peeling is optional). Option B: Puree the peach with your milk of choice in a blender.
- Combine the peach with all other ingredients (except blueberries) in a mason jar or any sealable container.
- Cover and shake, shake, shake until combined.
- Add blueberries and carefully fold them in to the rest of the oatmeal.
- Allow to sit in fridge overnight (covered) or for at least 2 hours.
- Eat cold or warm up in the microwave for about a minute and a half.