It’s amazing (or perhaps just frustrating) how being away for a weekend can throw off my blog schedule so much. It’s been six days since my last post! You’d think after a break like this, I’d have some elaborate concoction to share, but alas, this one is pretty simple (but nevertheless delicious!).
My roommies and I went to Boston over the weekend. Considering it’s one of the top three U.S. cities I’ve ever wanted to visit (along with San Francisco and New Orleans!), I was so grateful to have that opportunity. I love my life right now!
Normally, I create all my oatmeal recipes over the weekend and share them throughout the following week. Since I wasn’t able to do that last weekend, I didn’t have any posts to share this week! 🙁 Finally, however, I got THIS recipe put together. I apologize for the mediocre photos; it’s the best I could do at 5:30 am!
(I don’t think I properly “sold” this recipe to you. Despite all my apologies and ramblings, I promise this oatmeal was delicious!!)
What you'll need:
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (I use Country Choice Organic)
- 1/2 cup milk of choice
- 1/4 cup frozen raspberries
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cocoa powder
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- pinch of salt
- handful of semi-sweet or dark chocolate chips
How to make it:
- Combine all ingredients in a mason jar.
- If you'd like to add any extra ingredients (coconut oil, dried fruit, nuts, sunflower seeds), do so now.
- Cover, and shake vigorously!
- Store in the fridge for several hours or overnight. Either eat cold or warm up in the morning! If you plan on warming it up, I suggest NOT adding the chocolate chips until the morning, AFTER you microwave it.