I need to confess my feelings. My strong, unwavering feelings.
I’m in love.
. . . with the So Delicious brand.
I’ve been eating their yogurt for a couple years now, but their pints of ice cream are a new world for me. I stopped buying prepared desserts and snacks several years ago–for a few different reasons. 1) Michael Pollan says to eat as much junk food as you want–as long as it’s homemade (the result being you want eat that much junk food because it’s hard work to make your own french fries, desserts, etc.). 2) I cut junk food from my budget to help me afford organic produce. 3) IBS, of course. Always.
That changed recently. Because I started running, I’ve had to up my calorie intake. My IBS does not allow me to simply “eat more” (being too full causes an “attack”), so I gave up and just started supplementing my diet with a modest scoop of vegan ice cream. Eaten just a 1/2 cup at a time, it doesn’t upset my tummy too much. Not my healthiest choice, but it’s more ideal than losing weight.
I’ve tried several so far: green tea, cookie dough, cookies ‘n’ cream, chocolate . . . . *swoon* One that really blew me away was the Mocha Almond Fudge flavor. Naturally, I converted it to oatmeal . . . and obviously I used So Delicious yogurt to honor the love I have for them.
P.S. I have no affiliation with the So Delicious brand. I just really freaking love their products.
What you'll need:
- 1/3 cup milk of choice, or water
- 1/4 cup plain or vanilla yogurt (I used So Delicious plain)
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (I use Country Choice Organic)
- 1/2 tsp instant coffee granules
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract (omit if using vanilla yogurt)
- 2 tsp unsweetened cocoa powder
- pinch of salt
- handful of chocolate chips
- handful of slivered or sliced almonds
How to make it:
- Combine all ingredients except chocolate chips and almonds in a mason jar.
- Cover with lid and shake, shake, shake until combined.
- Store in the refrigerator overnight (or for several hours). In the morning, stir in almonds and chocolate chips. Eat cold!