Question: how necessary are key limes for a key lime pie? Would anyone be offended if I used, say, your average lime? Because that’s what I did, and I’m not apologizing for it.
Since my Strawberry Limeade Oatmeal turned out so well, I thought I’d stick with the lime theme and test this Key Lime Pie Oatmeal. It’s citrusy, vibrant, and ever so creamy, thanks to the addition of coconut yogurt.
(I have actually been using Amande almond yogurt lately, but I decided to return to So Delicious coconut yogurt this week. You know what? I think I like this better! I needed time away to remember how much I enjoyed it; absence makes the heart grow fonder.)
This is an incredibly easy recipe that takes only four ingredients and a pinch of salt. The most difficult part is squeezing the lime, and if that’s too difficult for you, you could always just use the bottled lime juice. 🙂 I won’t tell.
What you'll need:
- the juice of 1 lime (~2 tbsp)
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (I use Country Choice Organic)
- 1/3 cup milk of choice
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt (I used So Delicious coconut)
- pinch of salt
How to make it:
- Combine all ingredients in a mason jar.
- Cover with lid and shake, shake, shake until combined.
- Store in the refrigerator overnight (or for several hours). Eat cold or warm up in the microwave!