I’m not positive about this one, but this is probably another crazy Midwestern thing. We just LOVE take fruit, stirring in cream cheese, and calling it a salad. Hey, at least this one doesn’t have marshmallows!
Grape salad was first introduced to me by my godparents. They brought it to some celebration we were having at my house (perhaps my sister’s confirmation or something??). Cripes, this stuff is good. It consists of red and green grapes coated in a mixture made of cream cheese, sour cream, and a little brown sugar. It sounds pretty terrible written out like that (especially to someone like me who hates sour cream), but it’s truly divine.
It’s dishes like this that make me particularly sad to be giving up dairy…
To replicate this recipe, I used coconut milk yogurt (plain flavor) with a couple drops of apple cider vinegar. This was to add the slightly sour taste of the cream cheese and sour cream. I was stunned at how similar the taste was! I nailed it. 🙂
What you'll need:
- 1/4 cup milk of choice
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (I use Country Choice Organic)
- 1/4 cup yogurt (I used SoDelicious plain)
- 1/8 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp chia seeds
- 8-12 grapes, halved or whole (I used red seedless)
- handful of walnuts (optional)
- pinch of salt
How to make it:
- Combine all ingredients in a mason jar.
- Cover with lid and shake, shake, shake until combined.
- Store in the refrigerator overnight (or for several hours). Eat cold or warm up in the microwave! This one is best cold.