Ahem. I better be careful posting all these cocktail oatmeal recipes, or people will get the wrong idea about me!
But to be honest, the orange-peach combo is truly divine. Truly. And the oatmeal version is even better–no hangover included!
What you'll need:
- 1 cup milk of choice, orange juice, or water
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (I use Country Choice Organic)
- 1 orange
- 1 yellow peach, diced
- pinch of salt
How to make it:
- Bring milk (I use an equal mixture of almond milk and orange juice) to a boil, add oats, and reduce heat to medium. I also added a spoonful of chia seeds at the same time as my oats.
- Cut the orange in half and spoon out the segments on both sides. It's easier to spoon it out if you slice along the edges first!
- Once more of the liquid has absorbed, add peach and a pinch of salt. Stir.
- When you're pleased with the consistency of the oatmeal, transfer to a bowl. Serve with another splash of your milk of choice, orange zest, and any other additional toppings (shredded coconut, nuts, etc.).