So you love my Fudgy Banana & Peanut Butter Oatmeal, eh?
Well, what if you want to make a steel-cut version?
…Or what if you want to feed a friend (or a “friend” 😉 ). Or maybe a whole crowd. Or yourself…for a week!
Here you go. The ingredients are shown for two servings, but it will work perfectly to double everything for four servings. Yay!
The servings will look small compared to a normal serving of the original FB&PB Oatmeal (I’ve grown tired of writing out that title, haha). However, you have to understand that steel-cut oatmeal is surprisingly filling. It looks small, but you’ll be surprised by how plump it will feel in your tummy!
Maybe that’s why I prefer stove-top oatmeal. Big bowls!!
YES to chocolate! YES to banana! YES to PB2! YES to eating with friends!
What you'll need:
- 2 cups milk of choice, or water
- 1/2 cup steel-cut soats (I use Country Choice Organic)
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/8 tsp salt
- peanut butter (or PB2) for serving
How to make it:
- Bring milk (I use an equal mixture of almond milk and water) to a boil, add oats, and reduce heat to medium low.
- Allow to simmer on its own for about 10 minutes.
- Mash up a ripe banana and add to the oatmeal. Stir.
- Once more of the liquid has absorbed, add cocoa powder, vanilla extract, and salt. Stir. If it doesn’t look very chocolatey, add more cocoa powder.
- When you’re pleased with the consistency of the oatmeal, transfer to a bowl. Serve with another splash of your milk of choice, a serving of peanut butter, and any other additional toppings (chocolate chips, peanuts, shredded coconut, etc.).
Just an FYI:
Double the recipe to make four servings.