Alright, so I had this super idea for an oatmeal regarding my beloved Pseudo Vegan Lemon Curd. It would have been perfect, but my uncharacteristic carelessness came back to haunt me. See, to make a solid pseudo curd, you need Greek-style yogurt. The store I was in didn’t have that, so I said, “F*** it,” and bought regular SoDelicious coconut yogurt.
Result: Vegan lemon soup. 🙁
So I added chia seeds, hoping it would firm it up.
Result: Vegan lemon soup with black specks. 🙁
So once again, I said, “F*** it” and tried to make my envisioned recipe anyway. Result:
Oatmeal topped with La Soupe de Sadness 🙁 🙁 🙁
I guess I’ll keep working on that recipe. In the meantime, I figured out a way to use my vegan lemon soup/failed curd. Because the Oatmeal Artist hates wasting food.
And you win in this situation because it’s an overnight recipe, and y’all always be whinin’ for more overnight oats. Here you go. 🙂 The oatmeal base is very simple: a combo of coconut yogurt and diced kiwi. I used the same (INCREDIBLE) coconut yogurt (Anita’s Creamline) as I did my Coconut Latte Overnight Oatmeal.
Between each layer of coconut goodness is bright, happy lemon curd. Being soupy almost worked in its favor for this recipe. This is definitely one of those situations in which you pretend like all your mishaps were completely intentional.
- [things] TopCase makes awesome, cute, and functional protective cases, sleeves, and keyboard covers for MacBooks for an extremely affordable price. You can buy it all as a bundle, or purchase them separately. The keyboard covers are so fun!
- [eats] Stove-top popcorn with nutritional yeast, salt, and black pepper. YAAAASSS.
What you'll need:
- 1 kiwifruit
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats (I use Country Choice Organic)
- 1/4 cup coconut-based or coconut-flavored yogurt
- 1/3 cup milk of choice (coconut recommended)
- 1 tsp chia seeds (optional)
- Lemon curd or my Pseudo Vegan Lemon Curd
- Suggestions: pomegranate, shaved/shredded coconut, more kiwi or other tropical fruits (mango, dragon fruit, pineapple, etc.)
How to make it:
- Dice kiwifruit. Apparently some people do not peel their kiwi; I do.
- Combine all ingredients for oatmeal in a container and mix well. If using optional chia seeds, add an extra splash of coconut milk.
- Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- When ready to serve, alternate layers of oatmeal and lemon curd (and any other ingredients you want to layer with).