I hate when my recipes have long names…oh well!
This is another oatmeal idea that appears to have a double identity; it can’t decide whether it’s breakfast or dessert! I actually baked this on a Sunday afternoon, and then let it wait for me in the fridge until Monday morning. It was so painful having to wait that long!
What you'll need:
- 1/2 cup regular rolled oats (I use Country Choice Organic)
- 1 tsp. cocoa powder
- 1/3 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup milk of choice
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 a bartlett or anjou pear (you may use less)
How to make it:
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and spray a single-serving ramekin with non-stick spray.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix oats, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt.
- In another bowl, mix milk and vanilla extract. Then, add to dry ingredients and stir until combined. (Optional: stir in a few chocolate chips for extra decadence!)
- Slice your pear thinly and line the bottom of your prepared ramekin with the pear slices. Cover as much as you can. I actually made mine with two layers of slices.
- Pour oatmeal mixture over pear slices. Place in oven and bake for 20-25 minutes.