I took one of my laziest recipes and made it even lazier! Dirtying a saucepan can be just so tedious. Now you can carelessly toss the ingredients in a jar, shake it up, and wake up to chocolaty oatmeal at 5:30!
Except you probably don’t have to get up that early. Good for you.
I intentionally designed this recipe to be flexible. If you want, you can create this with four ingredients: oats, chocolate milk, banana, and a pinch of salt. However, it doesn’t have to stop there.
If you want it extra chocolaty, you can add an extra spoonful of cocoa powder. If you want it extra creamy like pudding, you can add yogurt. If you want it with a deeper flavor profile, you can add vanilla extract.
Or you can add all those things. And chocolate chips.
This recipe will have vastly different results depending on what type of chocolate milk you use. For the richest, tastiest oatmeal, I recommend Silk Dark Chocolate almond milk. My next suggestion would be chocolate-flavored coconut milk. The next best would be chocolate-flavored almond or soy milk. Finally, unsweetened chocolate-flavored milk of any kind will provide the healthiest option, but it WILL lack the flavor profile of the other choices! Pick the one that fits your taste and health preferences. 🙂
What you'll need:
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (I use Country Choice Organic)
- 1/2 cup chocolate milk (I use Silk Dark Chocolate Almond Milk)
- 1 banana (or just 1/2 of one)
- pinch of salt
- 1 tsp or more cocoa powder (optional)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds (optional)
- 1/3 cup nondairy yogurt (optional)
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract (optional)
- handful of chocolate chips (optional)
How to make it:
- Combine all ingredients in a mason jar.
- Cover with lid and shake, shake, shake until combined.
- Store in the refrigerator overnight (or for several hours). Eat cold or warm up in the microwave!