This is recipe #1 from the brownie baked oatmeal contest!!! This winning submission comes to us courtesy of Katarzyna.
My Cherry Chili Brownie Baked Oatmeal was inspired by chocolate my Mom gave me. It was cherry & chili dark chocolate and I absolutely loved it. The only thing it was lacking was . . . the chili flavor.
I was really curious how cherries, chili, and chocolate taste together and that’s how the idea for my baked oatmeal was born. It was quite a risky combination, but it turned out great. Sweet mashed banana and cherries balance out the spiciness of chili, so your mouth isn’t burning (too much?).
What you'll need:
- 1/4 cup liquid (milk or water)
- 1 very well mashed banana (you don't want banana chunks in this oatmeal!)
- 1 rounded tablespoom cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup regular rolled oats
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup frozen (or fresh) cherries + few more for decoration
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon chili powder (depends if you like more or less spicy food)
How to make it:
- Preheat the oven to 350 F and spray a single-serving ramekin with non-stick spray.
- Mix all ingredients in the bowl.
- Transfer to the ramekin and decorate with cherries.
- Bake for 23-25 minutes. Enjoy!