I’m not going to sugar-coat this: I hate these pictures. I planned to post this recipe ages ago, but I hated the pictures too much. However, I’m also too lazy to retake them.
Ugly pictures it is, then.
This recipe is honestly just my Carrot Cake Baked Oatmeal with Tofutti* cream cheese swirled in. Ground-breaking, I know. But is there any better compliment to carrot cake than cream cheese? (Don’t you dare say raisins.)
*This is not a sponsored post.
Maybe the pictures aren’t terrible. I just feel assaulted by orange and yellow when I look at them. I find it incredibly unpleasant.
Luckily the oatmeal is anything but unpleasant. I guess that’s what matters. 🙂
- [reads] Please distribute this article (“A Gentleman’s Guide to Rape Culture“) to every man you know. 🙂
- [eats] This “Holiday Crunch Salad” with quinoa, pomegranate, parsley, almonds, citrus, and avocado looks diiiivviiiiine.
- [tunes] My favorite Christmas song: “Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas” by my love, Sam Smith.
What you'll need:
- 1/2 cup regular rolled oats
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ginger
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg
- pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup milk of choice
- 1/2 cup grated carrot
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- scant 1/8 tsp molasses
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1-2 tbsp cream cheese (I used Tofutti)
How to make it:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a single-serving ramekin with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, mix oats, baking powder, spices, and salt until combined.
- In a medium-sized bowl, mix together milk, grated carrot, molasses, vanilla extract, and maple syrup.
- Add dry ingredients to mix ingredients and stir until combined.
- If you'd like to add any extra ingredients (additional spices or sweetener, dried fruit), do so now.
- Drop cream cheese in small clumps into batter, stirring slightly to distribute the clumps throughout the oatmeal.
- Pour into the prepared ramekin. I added a few more clumps of cream cheese on the top. Then, bake for 20-25 minutes.