When it comes to peanut butter and PB2, there are two camps: those of us who like to stir it into our oatmeal, and those of us who like to keep it in a glob at the top of our oatmeal. I happen to belong to the latter group.
However, I know not everyone does. I have often told myself that I need to include recipes for the Stirrers, but I always resisted. Today is the big day that I put others’ needs before my own. 😀
Using PB2 is an easy way to add peanut butter flavor to your entire porridge. And since it’s less decadent that actual peanut butter, you could always add a glob of PB2 at the top, too. Which is exactly what I did. ^_^ #notsorry
Do you prefer your peanut butter stirred in, or left in a glob?
What you'll need:
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (I use Country Choice Organic)
- 1/2 cup milk of choice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- dash of cinnamon
- 2 tbsp pb2
- Pinch of salt
- handful of fresh blueberries
How to make it:
- Combine all ingredients except blueberries in a sealable container (like a mason jar).
- Stir the mixture, OR seal it tightly and shake vigorously until everything is thoroughly combined.
- Add in blueberries and stir (or shake) carefully. Blueberries are fragile beings. 🙂
- Place in the fridge overnight (or several hours). In the morning, eat cold or warm up for 1-2 minutes in the microwave.