Happy Saturday, fellow oatmeal lovers!
It’s so nice to have a Saturday morning at home again. I returned to my usual weekend morning routine of simultaneously making oatmeal and cleaning the kitchen. Why is cleaning the kitchen so cathartic to me?
Anyway, here is an easy recipe for you. It’s something you can make if you don’t have any fresh fruit on hand. See these pictures? That oatmeal was actually made using blueberry JAM. Yes, I definitely prefer to include actual fresh produce in my breakfast, but my kitchen is pretty bleak at the moment (luckily, we’re making a trip to Trader Joe’s today!).
What you'll need:
- 1/3 cup milk of choice
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (I use Country Choice Organic)
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/4 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
How to make it:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a single-serving ramekin with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, mix milk and almond extract.
- Add oats, baking powder, and salt, and stir until combined with wet ingredients.
- Carefully fold in blueberries.
- If you'd like to add any extra ingredients (coconut oil, dried fruit, nuts, lemon zest, sunflower seeds), do so now.
- Pour into the prepared ramekin. Bake for 18-22 minutes.