Well, this is awkward. Did you know this is the recipe I make more than any others? The other day, I was gearing up to make it (like always), and then I remembered that I didn’t have any attractive pictures of it. I decided that I would change that. I snapped the pictures, edited them, and searched for the blog post to change them.
The thing is, that post didn’t really exist. For its entire life, Banana PB&J Oatmeal has lived simply on a list of variations of Peanut Butter Oatmeal. How could I have subjected it to such a life?!
Instead of adding the pictures to that post, I decided to call it up on stage and give it the spotlight it deserves. This way, I will be able to link to the recipe every time I talk about it. Yippee!
What you'll need:
- 1 cup milk of choice, or water
- 1/2 cup rolled oats (I use Country Choice Organic)
- 1 ripe or overripe banana
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- 1-2 tbsp of peanut butter*
- 1 tbsp jam*
How to make it:
- Bring milk (I use an equal mixture of almond milk and water) to a boil, add oats, and reduce heat to medium. (If you’d like to add flax or chia seeds, do so now. I recommend flax.)
- Mash up banana and add to the oatmeal. Stir.
- Once more of the liquid has dissolved, add vanilla extract, a tiny pinch of salt, and cinnamon. Stir.
- When you’re pleased with the consistency of the oatmeal, transfer to a bowl. Swirl or stir in jam (I like to leave in globs or strips of jam instead of stirring it in completely). Top with peanut butter.
- Add another splash of your milk of choice and any other additional toppings (shredded coconut, nuts, etc.).
Just an FYI:
*I often use PB2. *I prefer grape, but any flavor will work.