I know what you’re thinking: “Lauren, this recipe is a repeat. You’ve done this before.”
Nah, that was just regular overnight oatmeal, mixed together in one jar. This recipe is a parfait. This one is special. This one contains whipped cream.
Wait, vegans! Don’t go! It contains whipped coconut cream. You know how I do.
I’ve always wanted to make whipped coconut cream. Can you believe it’s taken me this long to try it? It’s actually shameful. I kept thinking it was too much work, but it was one of the easiest things I’ve ever done. It took me approximately 45 seconds from start to finish (and most of that time was opening the can).
Of course, you could substitute your favorite yogurt, Silk whipped cream, or dairy whipped cream. However, you really must try the coconut version! It’s to die for!
What you'll need:
- 1/2 cup regular rolled oats
- 1/2 cup milk of choice
- 1 tsp chia seeds (optional)
- 1 overripe banana
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- Coconut whipped cream
- Banana slices
How to make it:
- Combine all ingredients for the oatmeal in a mason jar (or any container with a lid) and shake (or stir) until combined.
- Place in the fridge overnight or for several hours.
- In the morning, layer in a dish like so: oatmeal, banana, whipped cream, repeat.You can also top with nuts, coconut, etc.